Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Market 2













The Christmas market, that was actually named as Joulu Kylässä, took place in Taitokortteli and there is plenty of handicraft boutiques open through the year. You can also make handicrafts by yourself, because they arrange handicraft courses there. Quite different from those huge Weihnachtsmärkte in Germany, but at least there was one stand where Suomi-Saksa seura was selling Bratwurst and gebrannte Mandeln.

1. ...
2. Many handmade Christmas sweets. Karelian pies come originally from North Karelia and since Joensuu is the capital of North Karelia, I think that those chocolate Karelian pies would be a good souvenir idea. Maybe I should go back there and buy a pack of them. The Carelian chocolate pies are made by Kultasuklaa. They are a bit expensive though, but so are handicrafts mostly. One costs 1,90€ and the package of 5 costs 10,90€.
3. Sini found funny recycling pencil cases made from old biscuit and candy bags.
4. A forge, where you can buy Christmas three stands, candlelabra and many other things.
5.-9. The lovely attic store Sarustiikka. Full of interesting handicrafts and other interior objects. It was stuffed with everything between heaven and earth. 
10. Clocks made of old bottles. Maybe not my style, but funny though.
11. The first hot chocolate in months. I was very satisfied after that haha. It's a shame that I didn't found that cafeteria before. It is such a nice place and the staff is very friendly. During the weekdays they offer lunch. Its name is Kauppaneuvoksen kahvila and opening hours are Mo-Fri 10-17 and Sat 10-15. In Summer also on Sundays. 

More about Taitokortteli here.

I have my last exam tomorrow and then I'm free! After it I'm just going to get extremely stressed about moving. So many things to pack and do before Thursday. I had a problem with my sofa, but at least it's solved now, phew.

xoxo Pau

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous pictures!! :) that happiness sign is beautiful! <3
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I find it amazing too, would love to have it in my apartment. :)

      Pau

      Delete